1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
Charlotte Crosland Interiors is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Charlotte Crosland Interiors complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
• To provide you with information about our services.
• To provide our services to you.
• To maintain our own accounts and records.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services. Processing is necessary for providing services to you and placing orders on your behalf with our suppliers or with our contractors.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared on a ‘need to know basis’ when processing orders with our suppliers and contractors. We will not share your data with third parties for any marketing purposes.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We regularly review the personal data we hold and delete anything no longer needed. Information that does not need to be accessed regularly, but which still needs to be retained, will be safely archived. Customer data and associated paperwork will be stored for up to 6 years before being permanently deleted.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which Charlotte Crosland Interiors Interiors holds about you;
• The right to request that the Charlotte Crosland Interiors corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Charlotte Crosland Interiors to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/ her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
8. Declaration of Sub-Processing
We need to make you aware of two organisations that act as Data Processors for us in the provision of our services to you:
• Google G-Suite and Google Cloud - a provider of secure hosting services, based in the United States
• Siteground UK, a provider of website hosting and content management services, based in the United Kingdom
ISO 27001 is one of the most widely recognized, internationally accepted independent security standards. Google has earned ISO 27001 certification for the systems, applications, people, technology, processes, and data centres that make up its’ shared Common Infrastructure as well as for G Suite and Google Cloud Platform products.
9. Website Cookies and Website Links
10. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
11. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Ryan Gillett at Charlotte Crosland Interiors on 020 8960 9442 or email firstname.lastname@example.org You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.